Air knives and air blow off systems have become an essential part of the production process due to the following influences:
- Reduced solvent use in coatings, causing longer cure times.
- Increased use of aqueous based coatings and washes.
- Use of more environmentally friendly paints and coatings that do not dry as quickly.
- Increased awareness of the cost of compressed air for dry-off.
- The many disadvantages of compressed air for dry-off.
- A demand for increased label information including point of production bar codes and date stamps.
- Increased production line speeds, reducing drying time available.
- Reduced noise potential.
Air blow off applications can be divided into the following classifications. To read more, choose your application:
- Cleaning and Wiping
- Anti-static (ionized de-stat)
- Other Applications including clearing holes, control of coating thickness, assisted curing
Turbotech air knife solutions combine the best design and advanced flow technology, achieving efficiencies exceeding 98%.